Chike Ekwueme is the Managing Partner of the Firm. He has been in legal practice for over 27 years and has garnered substantial experience in Corporate Finance, Telecommunications, Foreign Investment as well as in the Public Procurement and PPP sectors. Mr. Ekwueme has become a thought leader in presenting complex aspects of Nigerian law to clients and other stakeholders in a simple and straightforward manner. He regularly publishes in the local business law media and is a skilled facilitator and seminar resource. Chike also possesses legal skills in the Energy and Natural Resources sectors including a firm grasp of mining laws and regulations.
Chike was a Resource Person on the Review of Nigerian Mineral Laws at the first International Investment Seminar on Solid Minerals, organised by the Ministry of Solid Minerals Development in 1996 and a Rappateur for the first Nigerian-Russian bilateral Conference on Trade, Investment & Economic Collaboration at the Russian Trade Mission in 1994.
Mr. Ekwueme has since served as consultant and effective strategic partner to clients involved in exploiting various investment opportunities in Nigeria including with respect to the sectors of gas, electricity, oil, mining, real estate, technology and telecommunications. He also leads the Firm’s Public Sector Practice, particularly rendering thorough end-to-end legal advice in the area of Public Procurement and Public Private Partnership. He has also variously advised on the restructuring of corporations, and on divestments, capital raisings and securitizations.
In his role as Managing Partner, Chike retains primary responsibility for nurturing relationships between the Firm and her key clients and strategic partners, coordinating cross-practice teams for effective implementation of substantial client projects, and ensuring uniform quality of service across the broad spectrum of the Firm’s practices.
Executive Course, Leading Professional Services Firms, 2009
RBH, Brampton Ontario, Canada
Training Course on Security Management and Asset Tracking Systems
Academy for Entrepreneurial Studies, Lagos
Training & Induction Course, 2010
Nigerian Law School, Lagos
B.L. (Second Class Upper), 1991
University of Benin, Benin City
LL.B. (Hons), 1990
KEY ARTICLES / PUBLICATIONS
- Legal Issues With Respect to Foreign Participation in Nigeria's Public Procurement Sector
- What Are The Public Procurement Issues Concerned With Power Generation and Supply In Nigeria?
- How Does A Government Ministry, Department or Para Statal Procure Consultancy Services Under The Public Procurement Act?
- Nigeria’s New Mining Regime
- What Are the Procedures Following Opening of Bids In Public Procurement Processes?
- As A Foreign Contractor, What Do I Need To Know About Government Procurement Procedures In Nigeria?
- Complying With Tax Obligations in Public Procurement Contracts
- Exploiting Nigeria's Mineral Resources in the 21st Century
- A Due Diligence Checklist for Nigerian Real Estate Development
- Principles Governing the Sharing of Telecommunications Infrastructure
- Mechanics for Expanding Telecommunications Services to Rural Areas
- Public Procurement In Nigeria: What Are the Determinants of Successful Award of a Government Contract?
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Member, Telecommunications Lawyers Association of Nigeria
- Member, Academy for Entrepreneurial Studies
- Board Member, Alvanistar Energy
- Board Member, Consolidated Project Management Limited
- Board Member, Valid Finance Company Limited
- Board Member, Himark Nigeria Limited
- Board Member, Serengeti Resources Limited
- Igbo (Mother tongue)
Nigeria, 1991 (Barrister & Solicitor)